Wednesday 4 July 2007

Grrrrrr.....

I hate days like today. It seems like I can't really do anything right. (Further reinforced by Blogger eating up this part way through my first attempt at posting it.) Grrrrr....

To cheer me up it is raining in London again, as it has for the past zillion days in a row. I'm not a sun worshipper but it would be nice if it made a brief appearance at some point this summer. Grrrr....

Catherine Tate has been announced as Dr Who's new assistant. What's that about? Who makes these decisions? What are they thinking? Why do tv people have such little imagination that when making casting decisions they think - oooooh who's already on television far too much? Let's use them. Grrrr.....

I attempted a bit of retail therapy which lifted my mood briefly but even a delivery of lovely Posh Yarn yarn can't keep the Grrrr's away. This picture doesn't do the gorgeous green justice. I ordered some lovely stitch markers from Hide and Sheep in Etsy - but then immediately got annoyed waiting for them. (I didn't claim this mood was rational.) Grrrr......

To top it off my left hand is not happy about knitting tonight. It hurts. Definitely signs of repetitive strain. Grrrr....

So I'll make some tea, sit in my comfy chair, listen to a couple of Harry Potter chapters and admire my new yarn and the progress I've made on the Alpine Lace scarf. That actually sounds quite pleasant. But still.... Grrrr.....

2 comments:

Penny said...

Catherine Tate? I couldn't stand the character she played last time round. Martha, don't go...

Viknits said...

Hey Soo! Beautiful knitting, as always. You're such a fast knitter!
The Arctic Lace book is lovely. It gives a lot of background, and is interesting to read. The patterns are lovely too, I'd say it's well worth buying. The quiviut yarn's incredibly expensive so each pattern's got yardage, weight etc so you can substitute another yarn.
I don't know anything about Dr Who *looks ashamed*...