Friday 20 July 2007

Alpine Lace Scarf - Blocked and Ready to Go!!!!

I blocked the Alpine Lace Scarf last night. For some reason I found blocking it a real pain (possibly just because I was tired) and didn't think I'd be happy with the result at all. In fact I was convinced I'd have to reblock it this weekend, but was so tired and cranky by that time I couldn't fix what I thought was wrong.

This morning I woke up and unpinned it -- and I'm actually quite pleased! The blocking could be better - but the overall it's fine and certainly wearable.

The Stats
The pattern is from Victorian Lace Today. I used plum Zephyr wool/silk, about 3oz (about 1000 yards) on 2.75 mm needles.

Measurements:

Unblocked: 18 x 55 inches
Blocked: 21.5 x 68 inches

Because I was working on smaller needles than recommended I did 53 repeats of the 8 row rose leaf pattern rather than the 37 specified in the pattern.

The diamond edging is knit with the centre of the stole and I really enjoyed that part of the pattern. It is worked on both the right side and wrong side rows (so no 'purl all stitches' rest rows), which I think kept the project from becoming dull even though there are quite a few repeats!






5 comments:

Joan's Wools and Crafts said...

Wow! I am deeply impressed by this, especially comparing it to its unblocked form.

Yeah sure, I know about the transforming powers of blocking, but this changed a nice enough piece of knitting into a beautiful work.

bb

feltboots said...

You do amazing work, I love looking at your WIPs and finished items. Congrats on yet another stunner.

It's thanks to you that I bought the Hanami pattern, am doing MS3, and am just loving lace ! Thanks for sharing your inspirational work.

Batty said...

It's lovely! Airy, elegant, and I adore the color.

mimiasovitch said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had a fraction of your talent.

LittleBerry said...

absolutley gorgeous soo and my favourite colour of Zephyr too.... I love the edging on that stole, I think more than the main body of the shawl....

What's next?