Saturday 14 July 2007

The Addictive Properties of Sock Yarn


My addiction to buying sock yarn continues. I still don't really wear socks, but I like knitting them, and the last batch got a very favourable reaction when I doled them out. Having said that - the addiction is all mine. No one's forcing me to knit socks. No one's even hinting for me to make them socks.

I just need to.

This week I took delivery of some Colinette Jitterbug (very nice) and this very cool Sock Duet Yarn from A Swell Yarn Shop in the US. The yarn comes in gorgeous shades (as always, my rubbish photography skills don't do the colours justice) and with the added bonus of a small skein of co-ordinating yarn for the toes and heels! I love it! It isn't cheap when you add in the shipping (it represents the higher end of my addiction) but I can confirm it's oh so squeezable.....


Along with buying sock yarn this week I've been working on the Alpine Lace Scarf. I've now done an extra 10 repeats of the central leaf pattern but still don't think it's long enough. So I'll knit a few more. I believe a stole can never be too long, but if it's too short it's a bit duff. (odd to have these views as I don't ever wear them - but heh - a girl believes what she believes).

(hmmmm...knitting stoles and socks I never wear....I'm not coming out of this looking too bright am I?)

The Mystery Stole 3 stoles are cruising along. I've finished the 3rd clue on both stoles. (My inability to make a decision seems to mean that I'm making 2.) I still have no idea whatsoever what the theme is. But here they are -- any ideas gratefully accepted!

3 comments:

LittleBerry said...

love both the MS3 stoles soo and the alpine lace scarf is coming on a treat....

Adrienne said...

WOW! your projects are looking fantastic!

mimiasovitch said...

Both stoles look fabulous, and I adore that sock yarn. Will try to avois following the link....as if I had any such control!