It's that time of year again. Innocent Smoothies will soon be hitting Sainsbury's wearing little hats made by knitters to raise money for Age Concern. 50p for each Innocent Smoothie sold with a hat goes to the charity to support initiatives aimed at helping the elderly keep warm in the winter.
I made 27 hats this year -- my target was higher but somehow the deadline just snuck up on me!
I know it's unlikely but I'd love to see one of my hats in the wild.
I was tagged by CiCi to list 6 boring yet quirky things about myself. Hmmmmm.....
1) I write in pencil 99% of the time. The only real exception is that I use ink when signing cheques or legal documents.
2) I don't have a driver's license.
3) I've always loved making things. When I was a kid my one of my favourite programmes was Mr Dressup -- but I only really liked the episodes where he made stuff. Scotch tape, a toilet roll and some markers and I was in heaven! More worryingly, I'm still riveted when I happen to stumble across the 'make' segment of a kids tv programme!!
4) I love sour/vinegary things, and in general believe that most anything is improved by pickling it in vinegar.
5) I apparently have a loud and distinctive laugh. When I was in my early 20's I denied this - but the fact that everyone commented on it finally convinced me that there might be some truth in it.
6) I like to knit.